Our new Boy!!

Our new Boy!!

Friday, February 17, 2012

Mop Water

What do you think of when I say "mop water"? Me too! It is that bucket of water you rinse your mop out in when mopping the floors. My bucket is red ... But I must admit I never use it (thank you Queta).

"Mop water" has taken on a new meaning for me, at least in the Ukraine. Here, you need to drink bottled water because of the impurities in the tap water. It seems that all people do this, not just foreign visitors. Most of the bottled water seems to be carbonated. It is impossible for us to read the labels on the bottles well enough to know which is carbonated and which is not. We had to go through some trial and error. Luckily, the carbonation will boil out when making hot water for coffee so we were able to use all of our experimental bottles. Finally, we figured out the word (it is probably more of a brand name than a word)to look for to make sure it is non-carbonated. The word is моршцнська. Of course, I can't pronounce that word or know what it is. I've tried putting it into my translator and get nothing. So, "mop water" it is! Debbie hasn't really seen the humor in the words as much as I have. I seem to think it is very funny because every time I reach for it, I have to say "I need some mop water". Debbie is tried of hearing it, I am sure, but I can't stop myself.

2 comments: