Our new Boy!!

Our new Boy!!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

If it can go wrong, it will go wrong

Debbie and I keep waiting on something to go wrong. Nothing has gone terribly wrong since we have been here but it is not what you would call smooth sailing either. Today Debbie went to the Embassy appointment. I stayed with Stasik. All went fairly well except that Debbie left all the money to pay the Embassy at the apartment. It worked out fine because another family was there and they loaned her the money. She will see them again tomorrow at the medical appointment and can pay them back then, so it really wasn't a huge problem. By the time she left the Embassy, she still had not seen the Ukranian passport and wouldn't know until 2:00 p.m. if it was ready. It is crucial that we get it today if we want to be on a plane home Thursday.

It is a beautiful day here in Kiev but something kept us hanging around the apartment. Good thing we stayed. At about 1:15 p.m. Kiev time, the facilitator called with "good news and bad news". The good news ... the Ukranian passport is in. The bad news ...the passport office will only give it to the mother. The passport office is a 2 hour drive from Kiev! The facilitator told Debbie a driver would be here in 15 minutes, to be ready to go.

This will all work out fine. Debbie went with the driver and I'm with Stasik. Debbie will be home tonight with passport in hand. Tomorrow there will be a medical visit. The only possible snag is if, for some reason, the medical visit doesn't clear Stasik to come to U.S. We see no reason for that to happen. Assuming the all clear is given, his Visa will be issued tomorrow.

We just continue to wait and jump through the hurdles as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment